I recently had the honor of keynoting at the Illinois Computing Educators (ICE) conference.
My message was that technology alone will not improve learning; only teachers improve learning. But technology can be wonderful tool for teachers and for students under the guidance of teachers.
Watch the keynote here. And related resources are down below.
If we want to leverage technology well for learning, then these are the components we should attention to:
- Focus on Learning
- Deliberate, Shared Leadership
- Community Engagement
- How You REALLY Protect Stuff
- Support the Heck Out of Folks
- Focus on the Right Thing
- 7 Powerful Used of Technology
- About our Draft Phases of Integrating Technology
- Is the Problem Your Students, The Device, or Your Vision for Learning?
- Not all Screen Time is Created Equal: Young Students and iPads
- “How is Technology Changing Schools?” Is the Wrong Question
- The McMEL Motivation Page
- The Meaningful Engaged Learning Focus Five Handout
- Don't Play Blind Golf: Formative Feedback
- The McMEL Leadership Page
- A video overview of the Lead4Change Model
- The Lead4Change Model Handout (PDF)
- Creating a Shared Vision
Supporting Educators (Professional Development):
- The Evolving Face of Professional Development
- The Need for a Quality, Distributed Professional Development System
- A video overview of our Distributed PD Project